| ||If you want to dive in Silverlight 4 RIA services for Line of Business apps – there is your hands-on-lab (~31 MB). There is no more struggle, watching videos to see how to trigger some things. Thanks to Swiss MSDN team who developed 108 pages :) hands on lab manual – both in PDF and DOCX. |
These features are implemented in the lab:
- True multi-tier architecture.
- Entity framework and service layer definition.
- Data filtering, paging, sorting and grouping.
- Data modification and validation.
- Foreign key management.
- Programmatic printing from a Silverlight application.
- COM interop with Microsoft Excel and running full-trust out-of-browser.
Prerequisites and used components:
The hands-on lab manual has detailed instructions on installing all the prerequisites.
Great job Swiss MSDN team